While some company IT security teams mandate 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), the Castaway team encourage all users to enable 2FA as it is always good practice to mitigate the risks associated with any compromised passwords to secure your information.
To learn how to set these up, follow the guide below.
Note: You can disable 2FA or change your preferred 2FA method at any point within Castaway.
Setup via Email
By selecting 2FA by email, you will receive an email message containing a 6-digit alpha-numeric code that you will need to enter in Castaway upon the next login.
To set up your 2FA by email:
- Go to your Account details by clicking on the user icon in the top right of Castaway
- Enable Two-Factor authentication
- Select ‘Use email authentication'
- Click Save
When you next log in to Castaway, check your email for the verification code.
The email may take a minute or two to reach you, so please be patient.
Important! Make sure to check all of your inboxes including Junk or Spam
Click Submit to complete your log-on process
Setup via Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator is a Google app that you can download on your device to generate a 6-digit code for you to access your account. You can learn more about the Google Authenticator app HERE.
To set up your 2FA via Google Authenticator:
- Ensure that you have the Google Authenticator app installed and ready on your device
- Go to your Castaway Account Details by clicking on the user icon in the top right of the Castaway app
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- Select ‘Use Google Authenticator'
- A pop-up with a QR code will immediately appear on screen
- Using your Google Authenticator app, select either ‘Scan a QR code’ (easiest and recommended) or ‘Enter a Setup Key’ to register the 2FA in Castaway
- Check your device for the 6-digit code
- Enter the code in the text box in Castaway
- Click Verify and Save
- Your next log-in to Castaway will require you to input the 6-digit code from your authenticator app into the text box